my problem can be summarised as follows:
- I have 1 server mounting a SFTP server
- I have client A running my VB6 application that utilises WINSCP on Windows XP
- I have client B running the SAME application but on Windows 7
While client A works fine and gets connected to the server in a very short time, client B also works, but it takes a very long time (35 seconds) for just executing the very first access to the SessionOptions structure. Please look at the following code: the time for just executing line 2 is 35 seconds; all other instructions are executed very fast. This only happens on client B.
1 Private mySessionOptions As New SessionOptions
2 With mySessionOptions
3 .Protocol = Protocol_Sftp
4 .HostName = strhostname
5 .username = strusername
6 .password = strPassword
7 .SshHostKeyFingerprint = strfingerprint
8 End With
- Client B is fully dedicated to my only application.
- No firewall active neither on client nor on server machines.
- No antivirus active neither on client nor on server machines.
Can somebody give a hint?