Topic "no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.""

rrwillis

When I open Win SCP and click login, I now get the message "no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it." I am using Windows 7, 64 bit. I checked Windows Firewall and it is set to allow Win SCP access. I tried downloading a newer version but the problem continued so I used System restgore to go back to the version, "Monday, ‎18 ‎February ‎2013, ‏‎10:54:10 PM"

I have a laptop, also using the same version of Win SCP, also Windows 7, 64 bit. I've got no problem getting access on the laptop. I'm completely baffled.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Can you connect with any other client?
rrwillis

I'm not even sure what that means. I've only used WinSCP for connecting to this one website. For what it's worth, the File Manager at the host won't recognise a majority of the files on my computer.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
So what is your computer like? Is it a work computer? Where do you connect from?

Did you read this?
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/message_connection_refused

martin wrote:
So what is your computer like? Is it a work computer? Where do you connect from?

Did you read this?
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/message_connection_refused

I have had a look at the above. The computer is a home office desktop, running Windows 7, 64 bit. My laptop uses the same system, no problem there.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License