Can't Browse C:\Users\User\ appdata

Advertisement

AlexisPERR

Can't Browse C:\Users\User\ appdata

Hi

in the left pane of WinSCP, the local pane where you browse your hard disk, I am unable to browse C:\Users\me\appdata

The browser simply refuse to browse in it.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Can't Browse C:\Users\User\ appdata

Thanks for your report.
Can you post a screenshot?

Tonik

Hi, the problem is still present (just updated to newest)
I can copy the address from Explorer and put it inside CTRL+O dialog, then it will find the folder, however after confirming the selection, main window won't do anything.
Also one cannot search for %appdata% folder, even it is regular address in Windows folder tree.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Tonik wrote:

Hi, the problem is still present (just updated to newest)
I can copy the address from Explorer and put it inside CTRL+O dialog, then it will find the folder, however after confirming the selection, main window won't do anything.
Also one cannot search for %appdata% folder, even it is regular address in Windows folder tree.
Thanks for your report.
What version of Windows?
What is the exact path you paste? (I assume, it's a real path; you are actually not using the %appdata% variable, right?)
Can you browse to the path? If not, on what level does it stop? Can you post an output of dir command for that path (the path where you cannot browse further/deeper from).

staviq

I can confirm this problem still occurs in the latest version 5.11.3

Any attempt to get to the appdata folder is completly ignored by winscp.

AppData folder in the user profile directory does not show at all.

Manually entering the full absolute path to the AppData folder does nothing, just nothing happens, winscp stays in the last folder it was in.

Win 8.1 x64.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Starko wrote:

I just wanted to let you know, that I also have this problem for years. I never thought of it as a bug. I would gladly offer my help.
This is what won't work for me:
https://i.imgur.com/2MZxIGx.png
Thanks for your report.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

kaplan71

This issue might also apply to the Application Data folder error message that I am experiencing in my issue. Is it possible to send me a debug version WinSCP as well?

Reply with quote E-mail

crodgers

AppData folder not accessible

I also have this problem (and just found this page by Google). I'm running Win 10 x64 Pro with all latest updates installed.

Would you also send me the debug version please?

Best wishes,

Chris.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum