Topic "Timeout detected(data connection) Could not retrieve directory listing"

SG_ebp

I got this error every time when I try to connect the FTP. Attached the Full Log file.
SCP.log (14.88 KB) Private file

Description: Please find the attached Log file.

WinSCP_Error Screen.png (48.69 KB) Private file

Description: Please find attached the

Advertisements
superiorus
[View user's profile]

Same problem here ... and I don't know what to do ...

Timeout detected. (data connection)
Could not retrieve directory listing
Error listing directory '/public_html/contents'.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
SG_ebp wrote:
I got this error every time when I try to connect the FTP. Attached the Full Log file.

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

I Already attached the session log file as a private file. Re-attaching the session log file as private file in case you didnot received the same.

martin wrote:
SG_ebp wrote:

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.
SG_ebp

Please find attached the session log file

Anonymous wrote:
I Already attached the session log file as a private file. Re-attaching the session log file as private file in case you didnot received the same.

martin wrote:
SG_ebp wrote:

SCP.log (14.88 KB) Private file

Description: session log file

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Sorry, I didn't notice and actually even misread the error message.

Did you read this?
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/message_timeout_detected
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ftp_modes#passive

Can you retrieve directory listing using any other FTP client?
SG_ebp

I cannot retrieve the directory listing using any other FTP client.It also gives error.I attached the screen shot of error as well.
Thanks for the links, but I already went through the links in the /docs section .
Only thing I need to check for the antivirus.

martin wrote:
Sorry, I didn't notice and actually even misread the error message.

Did you read this?
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/message_timeout_detected
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ftp_modes#passive

Can you retrieve directory listing using any other FTP client?
Error_Screen.png (9.86 KB) Private file

Description: Error Screen

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
If no FTP client works, the FTP server (or its firewall) is probably misconfigured.
There nothing you can do on WinSCP side.
Read the link above to learn how to configure the FTP server/firewall properly.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License