Development request for version 5.10

Advertisement

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,226
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Development request for version 5.10

I'm sending you an email with a development version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

Reply with quote

Appsturz
Joined:
Posts:
1

Re: Development request for version 5.10

Hello,

I am also interested in accessing my Onedrive Account via WinSCP. Could you please send me the development version of WinSCP 5.10? Thanks for your help in advance!

Greetings

Reply with quote

alexandreh54
Joined:
Posts:
1
Location:
France

Is 5.10 version available in portable version ? I'm very interested in the support of Onedrive. If the portable version is not available, I'm also interested in the normal version. Thanks in advance.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,226
Location:
Prague, Czechia

alexandreh54 wrote:

Is 5.10 version available in portable version ? I'm very interested in the support of Onedrive. If the portable version is not available, I'm also interested in the normal version. Thanks in advance.
Sent.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,226
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Development Request

Pyre909 wrote:

I would also like to request the development version to test with OneDrive please! :)
Sent.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,226
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Request for 5.10

TapaniT wrote:

I'd like to test OneDrive compatibility also. Would you send development version to me.
Sent.

Reply with quote

jwartenb
Joined:
Posts:
2
Location:
Germany

Re: Request for 5.10

I'd like to test OneDrive compatibility also. Would you send development version to me.

Thx & regards
Jochen

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,226
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Request for 5.10

jwartenb wrote:

I'd like to test OneDrive compatibility also. Would you send development version to me.
Sent.

Reply with quote

jwartenb
Joined:
Posts:
2
Location:
Germany

Re: Request for 5.10

martin wrote:

jwartenb wrote:

I'd like to test OneDrive compatibility also. Would you send development version to me.
Sent.

Feeback to Version 5.10:
My objective: to mirror parts of my local drives to my WebDAV drives (MS OneDrive)

- Works really good if files are not too big.

- Fails in every case with files bigger than approx. 1,7. No success after serveral tries. Same situation with CarotDAV. WinSCP fails after < 200 MB transfer, CarotDAV fails after < 1,4 GB. If I transfer these files to my Synology NAS and from there to the same WebDAV destination I have success in > 90 % of all tries.
Registry parameter for WebDAV file size is set to 4 GB.
It seems that this is a WinSCP or Windows issue, not a OneDrive issue.
WinSCP stops with error "Could not sent request body: an existing connection was closed by remote host" (translated from German)

- WinSCP seems to be slower than CarotDAV (measured on the interface). CarotDAV reaches > 700 KB/s (router maximum 780 kb/s) with an estimated average of 500 KB/s, WinSCP not more than > 500 with an estimated average of 250 KB/s.

Nevertheless WinSCP is the best choice for my objective.
I'm looking forward for further improvements.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,226
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Request for 5.10

Thanks for your feedback. I will look into it.

Reply with quote

tygus at hotmail dot com
Guest

Re: Request for 5.10

martin wrote:

Thanks for your feedback. I will look into it.

Can I have a copy of version 5.10 too?
Thank you.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,226
Location:
Prague, Czechia

manor56 wrote:

I'd like to test OneDrive compatibility also. PLs, would you send development version to me?
Sent.

Reply with quote

Wally
Guest

Unable to Upload to Mainframe

Is it possible to obtain a copy of version 5.10 ?? I'm having issues trying to copy files to the mainframe where the CWD command is failing.

We are required to move away from the unsecure FTP protocol but the WinSCP version that we have 5.9.4 is causing us a lot of grief.

Thank you.

Reply with quote

wpruim
Joined:
Posts:
1
Location:
Vancouver

Upload to Mainframe

My apologies for posting this twice. I was sure that I had logged into the WinSCP forum, but I discovered that I wasn't. *sigh*

Again, sorry, but here is my post again (1st time from Wally):


Is it possible to obtain a copy of version 5.10 ?? I'm having issues trying to copy files to the mainframe where the CWD command is failing.

We are required to move away from the unsecure FTP protocol but "it appears that" the WinSCP version that we have, 5.9.4, is causing us a lot of grief.

Thank you.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,226
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Upload to Mainframe

wpruim wrote:

Is it possible to obtain a copy of version 5.10 ?? I'm having issues trying to copy files to the mainframe where the CWD command is failing.

We are required to move away from the unsecure FTP protocol but "it appears that" the WinSCP version that we have, 5.9.4, is causing us a lot of grief.
I'm sending you an email with a development version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

Though I do not understand, what you hope for. You wrote that you want to move from FTP protocol. Yet you ask for a dev version because of some problem with FTP command (CWD). So what are you trying to achieve?

Please start a new thread for this.

Reply with quote

Pyre909
Joined:
Posts:
10
Location:
Utah

Testing 5.10

Hi Martin,

I received a beta version in December and has worked for me great thus far. Is there a more recent version of the Development Beta that I could test?

Primarily got it for testing for WebDAV access to Onedrive, but I have not had any issues with that feature thus far.

Thanks! :D

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,226
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Request for 5.10

jwartenb wrote:

- Works really good if files are not too big.

- Fails in every case with files bigger than approx. 1,7. No success after serveral tries. Same situation with CarotDAV. WinSCP fails after < 200 MB transfer, CarotDAV fails after < 1,4 GB. If I transfer these files to my Synology NAS and from there to the same WebDAV destination I have success in > 90 % of all tries.
Registry parameter for WebDAV file size is set to 4 GB.
It seems that this is a WinSCP or Windows issue, not a OneDrive issue.
WinSCP stops with error "Could not sent request body: an existing connection was closed by remote host" (translated from German)
Did you use WebDAV with CarotDAV or the OneDrive API?
With real WebDAV, CarotDAV seems to have the same problem as WinSCP. So it looks like a limitation of OneDrive WebDAV interface.

- WinSCP seems to be slower than CarotDAV (measured on the interface). CarotDAV reaches > 700 KB/s (router maximum 780 kb/s) with an estimated average of 500 KB/s, WinSCP not more than > 500 with an estimated average of 250 KB/s.
It can be the same issue. Can you test it with WebDAV?

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,226
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Testing 5.10

Pyre909 wrote:

I received a beta version in December and has worked for me great thus far. Is there a more recent version of the Development Beta that I could test?

Primarily got it for testing for WebDAV access to Onedrive, but I have not had any issues with that feature thus far.
Sent.

Reply with quote

Bill_Stewart
Joined:
Posts:
4
Location:
Albuquerque NM US

Re: Development request for version 5.10

Hello Martin,

I also would like a copy of the 5.10 version that works with OneDrive, if possible.

Thanks!

Bill

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,226
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Development request for version 5.10

Bill_Stewart wrote:

I also would like a copy of the 5.10 version that works with OneDrive, if possible.
Sent.

Reply with quote

Bill_Stewart
Joined:
Posts:
4
Location:
Albuquerque NM US

Re: Development request for version 5.10

Confirmed that version 5.10 works with OneDrive. Thank you Martin!

Regards,

Bill

Reply with quote

ksaeuser
Guest

Is there somewhere I can download prerelease stuff 5.10? It contains all the features that finally allow me to switch from FileZilla.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,226
Location:
Prague, Czechia

ksaeuser wrote:

Is there somewhere I can download prerelease stuff 5.10? It contains all the features that finally allow me to switch from FileZilla.
What features are you after?

If you register (as others did), I can send you the development version. Though it will be released this week anyway.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum