Topic "Touchpad Scrolling on Windows 10"

tehabe
[View user's profile]

When I try to scroll with my touchpad on Windows 10, not the file list but the window is "scrolled". (Windows 10 has this effect when you reach the end of the list, the window moves)

WinSCP 5.9.2
Windows 10.0 1607 (14393.447)

P.S. I can't rule out that this can also be a bug in the touchpad driver. But WinSCP is currently the only application in which I can reproduce this bug.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for your report.
Do you get the same problem with directory tree? Or just a file list?
What does it mean "window is scrolled"?
What is your notebook and touchpad?
cbono360

I have a Dell XPS 13 9360. The scroll bar on the right moves up/down before springing back into place. The window stays exactly where it was. I haven't tried this with a mouse, only the touchpad.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for your report.
As above:
Do you get the same problem with directory tree? Or just a file list?

This issue has been added to the tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=1501

I'm having the same problem. I can upload/email a video-recording of the issue if you'd like.

Brent
usphi

I got the same issue, Laptop touchpad can not scroll the page in tree or file list. Touch screen can do that!

Anonymous wrote:
I'm having the same problem. I can upload/email a video-recording of the issue if you'd like.

Brent

My problem was resolved by installed Dell's mouse driver. I have a Dell laptop, and for some reason it had a Microsoft driver instead of Dell's.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
My problem was resolved by installed Dell's mouse driver. I have a Dell laptop, and for some reason it had a Microsoft driver instead of Dell's.

Thanks for sharing your solution!
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License