Script doesn't work with Windows Server 2008

Advertisement

ploxkaka

Script doesn't work with Windows Server 2008

Hey guys. First of all, I'd want to thank the creators of this program, especially Martin for being so active here, it's very nice to see. As for why I came here; I got an issue with a script that I've made, which have been working fine on multiple Windows 7 and Windows Server 2012 systems. However, today I tried it out for the first time on a Windows Server 2008 English Enterprise system, and it would just not function and do what the script says. It takes some time to execute but "does nothing", the db file assigned in the script does not get downloaded from the database. I've googled (whereas I've found that Windows Server 2008 is supported), updated the program to the most recent (portable) version as well as using the version running on my other systems, and been trying fix it myself by adjusting script code, but I haven't managed to. Therefore I come here as a last resort, hoping to get some help.

The log files are pretty different so I'll supply two "runs"

I've replaced database host, user, password and database file-name, however these are correctly assigned, as I said before the script is working fine on other OS:es.

Code commands tried from running .bat files, whereas both failed (but works fine on other Windows systems):

"C:\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe" /command "open ftp://user:pass@host" "get -neweronly ""db_file.extension"" ""%userprofile%\Desktop\"""  "exit" /log="C:\winscp.log"

"C:\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe" /command "open ftp://user:pass@host" "get -neweronly ""db_file.extension"" ""%userprofile%\Desktop\""" /log="C:\winscp.log" "exit"

I've added an attachment file with the logs from both "runs".

I'd appreciate it a ton if I could get some help to get this sorted, thanks in advance :)
Description: Logs

Advertisement

Makc666

It must be:
"C:\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe" /command "open ftp://user:pass@host" "get -neweronly ""db_file.extension"" ""%userprofile%\Desktop\""" "exit" /log="C:\winscp.log"

And logs clearly says the problem:
. 2016-12-23 02:47:42.215 Timeout detected. (control connection)
. 2016-12-23 02:47:42.215 Connection failed.

while you try to connect to:
. 2016-12-23 02:47:26.989 Host name: host (Port: 21)
. 2016-12-23 02:47:26.989 User name: user (Password: Yes, Key file: No, Passphrase: No)
. 2016-12-23 02:47:26.989 Transfer Protocol: FTP

So you client host doesn't have connection to server host?

ploxkaka

I guess I don't, I noticed the error message but thought it could be something script-related anyways. I de-activated the windows firewall completely and added WinSCP as an exception but I'm still apparently getting connection problems. Also tried to connect with the WinSCP graphical interface, but I just get the same error. It's weird because this server comes from the same supplier I've used multiple times before where the script works, the only difference is another Windows Server OS.

I'm not sure where to go from here, I read up on https://winscp.net/eng/docs/troubleshooting#connection and https://winscp.net/eng/docs/message_connection_refused but I don't see anything logical that would be apply other than the firewall, which I've already taken care of without improvement. I doubt that there is any problem with my database host as my other computers can connect fine, however I guess I'll check up on it and see if I or support can find anything. If someone could give me some other tips regarding what to do/try, I'd appreciate it a lot, thanks.

ploxkaka

ploxkaka wrote:

I guess I don't, I noticed the error message but thought it could be something script-related anyways. I de-activated the windows firewall completely and added WinSCP as an exception but I'm still apparently getting connection problems. Also tried to connect with the WinSCP graphical interface, but I just get the same error. It's weird because this server comes from the same supplier I've used multiple times before where the script works, the only difference is another Windows Server OS.

I'm not sure where to go from here, I read up on https://winscp.net/eng/docs/troubleshooting#connection and https://winscp.net/eng/docs/message_connection_refused but I don't see anything logical that would be apply other than the firewall, which I've already taken care of without improvement. I doubt that there is any problem with my database host as my other computers can connect fine, however I guess I'll check up on it and see if I or support can find anything. If someone could give me some other tips regarding what to do/try, I'd appreciate it a lot, thanks.

I connected my host and apparently the IP was blacklisted for whatever reason (first time it have happened), it was unblocked and now the script is functioning as supposed to :D Thanks for the help :)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum