Moving the Login window causes the background main window to fly off the screen

Advertisement

cvanzee

Moving the Login window causes the background main window to fly off the screen

This is WinSCP 5.9.3 build 7136. The isuse has existed since 5.9.2 when I upgraded from a seriously old version of WinSCP and encountered this effect.

This is installed on Windows 7x64.

When it happens, there is no error message.

Steps to recreate:

1) Open WinSCP and get to the Login window. The main window is behind the Login window.
2) Left click on the Login window title bar and attempt to move the window.
3) At the slightest movement of the Login window, the background main window files off the screen in the general direction that the Login Window was moved. Example, attempt to move left, the main window flies off the screen to the left.
4) After this, the main window is no longer accessible and must be process killed from Task Manager.
5) If the login window is not moved, one is able to log in and use WinSCP.

Appreciated.
Clint V.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Moving the Login window causes the background main window to fly off the screen

Thanks for your report.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

clintvanzee

PostRe: Moving the Login window causes the background main window to fly off the screen

I have replied to your follow-up testing email. This build appears to correct all "flying windows" issues.

Clint V.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum