Cannot tackle problem "Nothing to Synchronize"

Advertisement

EddieChan
Guest

Cannot tackle problem "Nothing to Synchronize"

I am new to WinSCP and even WinSCP script. I tried to run the script as follows.

option batch on
option confirm off
open sftp://[username]:[password]@[ftp-server]:222/ -hostkey="ssh-rsa 4096 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"
synchronize local D:\Eddie\work2 /_V6_/b5/media/presskit
exit

And it always return "Nothing to synchronize" and my local directory is empty.

Attached is the log file (I replace all sensitive data with xxx). Please forum administrator can help me. Thanks.

Regards,
Eddie
  • log2(forum).txt (86 KB, Private file)
Description: log file

Reply with quote

Advertisement

Psammead
Guest

Re: Cannot tackle problem "Nothing to Synchronize"

EddieChan wrote:


And it always return "Nothing to synchronize" and my local directory is empty.



I have the same error message and problem. Is there a solution to this yet?

Thanks.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,123
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Cannot tackle problem "Nothing to Synchronize"

EddieChan wrote:

And it always return "Nothing to synchronize" and my local directory is empty.
No. Your local directory contains all files that remote directory does:

. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.121 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\.' [2017-01-18T04:59:16.063Z] [0] excluded from synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.121 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\..' [2017-01-18T04:59:16.063Z] [0] excluded from synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.121 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\awards' [2017-01-18T05:00:13.254Z] [0] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\chungchichapel.html' [2011-05-30T11:01:26.000Z] [14399] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\chungchiweiyuanlake.html' [2011-05-30T11:01:26.000Z] [14357] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\images' [2017-01-18T04:59:15.770Z] [0] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\newasiapavilion.html' [2011-05-30T11:01:27.000Z] [14347] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\newasiawatertower.html' [2011-05-30T11:01:27.000Z] [14414] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\news_links.html' [2011-05-30T18:59:02.000Z] [13622] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\photo_gallery.html' [2011-05-30T11:01:27.000Z] [25919] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\shawcollegesign.html' [2011-05-30T11:01:28.000Z] [14361] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\shawkuomouhall.html' [2011-05-30T11:01:28.000Z] [14345] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\statistics' [2017-01-18T04:58:38.781Z] [0] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\transport' [2017-01-18T04:58:39.936Z] [0] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\transportation.html' [2011-05-30T11:01:28.000Z] [13850] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\unitedsculpture.html' [2011-05-30T11:01:28.000Z] [14348] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\unitedwatertower.html' [2011-05-30T11:01:28.000Z] [14412] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.122 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\universityentrance.html' [2011-05-30T11:01:28.000Z] [14356] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.123 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\universitylibrary.html' [2011-05-30T11:01:29.000Z] [14368] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.123 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\universitymall.html' [2011-05-30T11:01:29.000Z] [14349] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.123 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\universitysciencecentre.html' [2011-05-30T11:01:29.000Z] [14399] included to synchronization
. 2017-01-18 14:13:07.123 Local file 'D:\Eddie\work2\video' [2017-01-18T04:58:38.659Z] [0] included to synchronization
...
.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,123
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Cannot tackle problem "Nothing to Synchronize"

Psammead wrote:

I have the same error message and problem. Is there a solution to this yet?
Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, use /log=path_to_log_file command-line argument. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Reply with quote

Psammead
Guest

Re: Cannot tackle problem "Nothing to Synchronize"

martin wrote:

Psammead wrote:

I have the same error message and problem. Is there a solution to this yet?
Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, use /log=path_to_log_file command-line argument. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Here is the file, thank you.
  • synclog3.txt (11.43 KB, Private file)

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,123
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Cannot tackle problem "Nothing to Synchronize"

Psammead wrote:

martin wrote:

Psammead wrote:

I have the same error message and problem. Is there a solution to this yet?
Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, use /log=path_to_log_file command-line argument. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Here is the file, thank you.
You have "Existing only" synchronization option enabled in global configuration:
> 2017-01-31 13:49:28.457 Script: synchronize local -preservetime -delete D:\nsccScratch /scratch/users/astar/ihpc/cheahwl/crys/and-lev/fmix60
< 2017-01-31 13:49:28.458 Script: Using configured synchronization options different from factory defaults.
< 2017-01-31 13:49:28.458 Script: Comparing...
. 2017-01-31 13:49:28.458 Collecting synchronization list for local directory 'D:\nsccScratch' and remote directory '/scratch/users/astar/ihpc/cheahwl/crys/and-lev/fmix60', mode = Local, params = 0x7 (Delete, NoConfirmation, ExistingOnly)

In general, you should use /ini=nul switch to isolate the script from GUI configuration:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/scripting#configuration
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_automation#script_file
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Psammead
Guest

Re: Cannot tackle problem "Nothing to Synchronize"

martin wrote:

In general, you should use /ini=nul switch to isolate the script from GUI configuration:

Thank you - that solved the problem! Can't think how I missed that.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum