Topic "Connecting using HTTP Proxy Fails"

garyarob
[View user's profile]

I am trying to connect using a HTTP Proxy and the connection fails. The error received is Error listing directory '/'. Could not retrieve directory listing. The network connection was aborted by the local system

I can connect using FileZilla using a custom ftp proxy with the following parameters. ( I don't require the ACCT, works without it)

USER %u@%s@%h
PASS %p@%w
ACCT %a

h host
u username
p password
a account
s proxy user
w proxy password

I have not figured out how to configure winscp to use a user proxy type given the parameters above

I am using the latest winscp build
WinSCP Version 5.9.3 (Build 7136) (OS 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 - Windows 7 Enterprise)

If anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it
Advertisements
martin◆
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Is that a complete authentication sequence?

Then, you can just specify %u@%s@%h in the WinSCP User name box and %p@%w in the Password and no proxy.
garyarob
[View user's profile]

I'm still getting a connection failed by just putting the credentials in the username box and password fields with no proxy. I did try specifying the webproxy host port after h (h:80) as well and it failed. Any other suggestions. The only messages in the log are (EFatal) Connection failed.
martin◆
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
OK, and you have to use the proxy host and port on the Login dialog, instead of the FTP server host and port.
garyarob
[View user's profile]

martin wrote:
OK, and you have to use the proxy host and port on the Login dialog, instead of the FTP server host and port.

ok, that worked once i used the proxy host and port in the login

Thanks so much
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License