Topic "Cannot get real path for error message while browsing user directory"

Nissi

Hello Admin,

I have set up an SFTP server on Windows Server 2008 with Cywgin OpenSSH latest package.
I have created the windows local accounts to access SFTP server. Further, I have restricted the users to their own home directory using ChrootDirectory in sshd_config file.

I have tested the connectivity to SFTP server on my manchine using FileZilla (version 3.22.1). I am able to login successfully and browse the user directories. I dont have any issues with FileZilla client.

Now, I am trying to use WinSCP GUI (version 5.9.3 build 7136) to log into SFTP Server. I am able to login and see the directories available for the user. However, when i try to browse the directories, I get an error message:

Getting real path for '<user directory>'.

I am also attaching the session log file for your reference. Transfer Protocol is SFTP

I would appreciate if you could help to resolve this issue.

Please let me know if you will need more details.

Thank you!
Session.log (176.92 KB) [Download]

Description: Session log file for WinSCP

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Is the path in the error message (which you masked out in the log) a correct path?

Is it the path you see in FileZilla after you browse to that directory?
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License