scripted sync with mirroring function

Advertisement

timom
Guest

scripted sync with mirroring function

Hello,

I try to mirror source and destination with the scripted winscp program. The problems at the momet were that if I change a file on the destination I can not replace it with the sync function.

Are there any chances to do?

Thanks
Timo

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,317
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: scripted sync with mirroring function

timom wrote:

I try to mirror source and destination with the scripted winscp program. The problems at the momet were that if I change a file on the destination I can not replace it with the sync function.
Why? What is the problem?
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

timom
Guest

Re: scripted sync with mirroring function

martin wrote:

timom wrote:

I try to mirror source and destination with the scripted winscp program. The problems at the momet were that if I change a file on the destination I can not replace it with the sync function.
Why? What is the problem?

The problme is as possible:
1. sync source -> destination
2. change a file on the destination
3. sync source -> destination
=> the manual created file on the destination do not changed

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,317
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: scripted sync with mirroring function

timom wrote:

The problme is as possible:
1. sync source -> destination
2. change a file on the destination
3. sync source -> destination
=> the manual created file on the destination do not changed
Of course, because it is newer than the source one.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

timom
Guest

Re: scripted sync with mirroring function

martin wrote:

timom wrote:

The problme is as possible:
1. sync source -> destination
2. change a file on the destination
3. sync source -> destination
=> the manual created file on the destination do not changed
Of course, because it is newer than the source one.

Is it possible to get an exact copy from source to destination?

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,317
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: scripted sync with mirroring function

timom wrote:

Is it possible to get an exact copy from source to destination?
That's what "get" and "put" does. Of course it will transfer everything. Or you may set "size" as synchronisation criterion in GUI.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum