Slow File Upload

Advertisement

OTISCB

Slow File Upload

I use cable capable up to 200Kbytes/sec approx upload speeds but best I get with winscp is 20-30k, file download speeds are fast
and not a problem. I'm wondering what parameters govern the speed of file upload, winscp? or winxp registry? or some access/speed restrictions on remote linux server, or issues between windows and linux? Any suggestions appreciated.

thanks

Colm

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Slow File Upload

Disparity between download and upload speed is strange. One one the reasons can be too low SSH channel window on the server server. But this is just a wild guess. Have you tried other SFTP client?

Hi,

Yes, just tested there wsftp_le and got 300kb/sec on file upload,
while winscp is giving just less than 30Kb/sec upload speeds. Could it be something server side is keeping ssh down to that slow upload speed, could it have anything to do with file/resume upload feature slowing it down? Anything I need to check on the server side?

wbr

Colm

OTIS1953

nope, but I have a correction to make: WSFTP_LE was measuring bits/sec and not bytes/sec, changed to bytes/sec it registers
about 30-32 kb/sec, close enough to winscp. Overall, file upload
using winscp and SFTP and WSFTP_LE are slow, dunno why.

and no,WSFTP_LE doesn't support SFTP.

thanks again

Colm

Advertisement

So you aren't comparing the same thing. But that's a huge performance difference, regardless.

Was there ever any resolution to this?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum