Topic "Unable to add to Visual Studio for AWS Lambda project"

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to using Visual Studio, but I'm trying to create a program for use with Amazon Web Services' Lambda service. According to AWS docs, you need to use .Net Core, which I am doing. When I try to add WinSCP as a NuGet package, I get the following error.

Quote:
Package WinSCP 5.9.4 is not compatible with netcoreapp1.0 (.NETCoreApp,Version=v1.0). Package WinSCP 5.9.4 supports: net (.NETFramework,Version=v0.0)
One or more packages are incompatible with .NETCoreApp,Version=v1.0.

Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks,
Jason
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I'm afraid you cannot make it working with .NET Core. WinSCP .NET assembly in not a native .NET framework assembly. It relies on an external console application.

martin wrote:
I'm afraid you cannot make it working with .NET Core. WinSCP .NET assembly in not a native .NET framework assembly. It relies on an external console application.

I'm still able to include both the dll and the exe and don't expect any problems with the dll trying to use the exe. I just don't follow why the NuGet package is saying it conflicts with .Net Core.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Because I assume that .NET core cannot run Windows binaries. It would not make sense.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License