Topic "Environment variables not recognized anymore"

calt129

Hi there,

I've just upgraded to 3.76 and unfortunately WinSCP doesn't recognize the path for my privatekey anymore. I am/was using environment variables for the sake of transportability, such as:

%mydocs%\privatekeys\blabla-rsa2048.key

I guess it's gone lost somewhere btw. 3.71 & 3.76. Can you please fix this back?
Advertisements
calt129

calt129 wrote:
Hi there,
I guess it's gone lost somewhere btw. 3.71 & 3.76. Can you please fix this back?

I've just realized, if I click "Ignore" WinSCP can log on inspite of the error, i.e. the variable is resolved a bit later. All the same, the error shouldn't be there anyway.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for info. I'll fix it.
Site Admin
Are you sure that it was ever possible to specify the environemtn variable in key box? I have tried older versions and it does not work for me.

prikryl wrote:
Are you sure that it was ever possible to specify the environemtn variable in key box? I have tried older versions and it does not work for me.

Smile I'm using envvar's for almost everything, so yes, it should have but I'm not sure. So I guess your functioncall silently takes care of the variable resolution..

After all, despite the error message envvars work somehow, but IMO the msg shouldn't be there.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
It doesn't work for me Smile And it never did Smile

Question

Hi martin,

following this post......is there a chance we get support for environment variables? It would really be helpful for me also.....

Thanks alot for your patience and best regards,

Hank
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Hank wrote:
following this post......is there a chance we get support for environment variables? It would really be helpful for me also.....

Do you mean in the context described above?

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License