Topic "Background Color for PuTTY sessions"

Lady Lovelace

I love the feature that you can configure different colors for the sessions when using sftp sessions in WinSCP and appriciate the feature that you can use Ctrl+P to start PuTTY and send a command to that host.

The feature that I lack is to be able to configure specific commands to send to PuTTY (different commands) for every sessions and at the same time get the same background color in the PuTTY window. It would help a lot, to have the confidence that you know that you are logged on to the right server. Could be a minor problem, but really a "nice to have" feature
Very Happy
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Lady Lovelace wrote:
The feature that I lack is to be able to configure specific commands to send to PuTTY (different commands) for every sessions and at the same time get the same background color in the PuTTY window.

Can you please elaborate on this. Do the "specific commands" and "same background color" somehow relate (how?) or are these separate commands? Do I understand right, that you want the same background color in PuTTY as in WinSCP? What about foreground/text color? They are different in WinSCP (black) and PuTTY (light gray). For this to be working correctly, PuTTY would have to change the foreground color to black.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License