bug/issue with opening files with associated program

Advertisement

new_user

bug/issue with opening files with associated program

Ive been having a few issues when i open a remote file with its associated issue in XP SP2.

Im using PHP Designer 2005.

When i close a file in PHP D 2005, but dont close the entire app, WinSCP gives me an error "The file is already open in an external editor"

Ive also noticed that if i open a remote file, and i try to open another file of the same extension i get an error (Application launched to open file "blah" closed too early....), but it does actually open in PHP Designer 2005

Cheers for a great app by the way

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: bug/issue with opening files with associated program

If you are using the latest version of WinSCP, the error message should include hint, how to solve the problem. Does it?

Soustruh

Re:

Well, I found the solution to this problem in other thread on this forum (change default action to Edit instead of Open), but as you refer to the "hint" displayed in the Warning message, I can assure you that I read it a few times in Czech, then switched to English and still wasn't able to understand what to do, as I had my PSPad configured as MDI editor... There is nothing about the default action and I think it's worthy mentioning, don't you think so? :wink:

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re:

Soustruh wrote:

Well, I found the solution to this problem in other thread on this forum (change default action to Edit instead of Open), but as you refer to the "hint" displayed in the Warning message, I can assure you that I read it a few times in Czech, then switched to English and still wasn't able to understand what to do, as I had my PSPad configured as MDI editor... There is nothing about the default action and I think it's worthy mentioning, don't you think so? :wink:
Thanks for your post. This issue has been added to tracker.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum