Topic "Brand New User - How to connect to remote drives?"

Author Message
LorneAKruse
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2017-09-16
Posts: 1
I've managed to login and on the left pane of the commander interface my local drives and files are shown. However I don't know how to connect to the remote server side of the interface on the right pane. I've tried every thing that I can think of without success. Please help a newby. Confused

My server OS is openmediavault.
Advertisements
martin◆
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 27058
Location: Prague, Czechia
I'm not sure I understand. On one hand you write "I've managed to login", on the other, you write "I don't know how to connect".

Maybe a screenshot would help to explain your problem.
Lorne Kruse

Guest


martin wrote:
I'm not sure I understand. On one hand you write "I've managed to login", on the other, you write "I don't know how to connect".

Maybe a screenshot would help to explain your problem.



This how new I am...How do I do a screenshot?
Lorne Kruse

Guest


Lorne Kruse wrote:
martin wrote:
I'm not sure I understand. On one hand you write "I've managed to login", on the other, you write "I don't know how to connect".

Maybe a screenshot would help to explain your problem.



This how new I am...How do I do a screenshot?


I'm logged into my server @ 192.168.1.104 but when I click on the remote "root" directory no other directories or files show up; see screenshot.
scrn1.JPG (103.14 KB) [Download]

Description: (none)

martin◆
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 27058
Location: Prague, Czechia
That probably just means that there are indeed no files.
Do you have any reason to expect any files there?
Lorne Kruse

Guest


martin wrote:
That probably just means that there are indeed no files.
Do you have any reason to expect any files there?


I thought I put a Folder called Multimedia in through the openmediavault GUI but maybe I did that wrong. Are you able to instruct me how I can do that in the OMV GUI so that it shows in Winscp?
martin◆
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 27058
Location: Prague, Czechia
Sorry, I do not have any knowledge of openmediavault.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License