Topic "Better "Keep remote dir up-to-date" changed file detection"

Edam

When you do a "Keep remote directory up-to-date", wouldn't it be better if WinSCP took a "snapshot" of all the files and their timestamps, sizes, etc. And then when Windows notifies WinSCP that a change has happened, it can compare the new directory with it's snapshot to work out what files need to be uploaded? I ask this because I'd like to be able to use WinSCP to *just* upload changes, even if the local and remote directoried look nothing like eachother.

Maybe this is is already in the works for the next version, but I thought I'd request it anyway. On the subject of the next version -- is there any news on it? I know it'll be ready when it's ready (and I wouldn't hve it any other way), but I'm awaiting it very eagerly! Very Happy

Regards.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I've thought about this already too. But it is quite a change. So maybe sometime... Smile

Quote:
On the subject of the next version -- is there any news on it? I know it'll be ready when it's ready (and I wouldn't hve it any other way), but I'm awaiting it very eagerly! Very Happy

As you've written. It will be ready, when it is ready Smile What are you waiting for so eagerly?

Quote:
I've thought about this already too. But it is quite a change. So maybe sometime... Smile

Maybe if more people requested it? I'd have a go at patching it myself, but I just havn't got the time ATM...

Quote:
What are you waiting for so eagerly?

Oh, nothing in particular... I'm just a big fan of FOSS and I get a real kick out of downloading the latest version of stuff and seeing what's been tinkered with and improved! WinSCP's right up there on my list of favourite free software! Smile
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License