Embed modal dialogs in the tab corresponding to the connection.

Advertisement

ffirenze

Embed modal dialogs in the tab corresponding to the connection.

I have been using WinSCP for a long time, and I always wanted to make this suggestion, for this reason:

When you use multiple connection tabs, and one of this tab has a problem, or something who needs to show a dialog, he entire program becomes unusable until answer the dialog. What I say seems silly, but I think it would make it much more usable.

For example, if a connection was lost, possibly because one of them sent to restart the host, and wants to continue using another connection, we are currently forced to disconnect that session, to work with the other one and then reconnect. With my proposal, the problem would only be shown in the corresponding tab, and when we can retry the connection whenever we want. (More easy to reconnect)

Regards!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Embed modal dialogs in the tab corresponding to the connection.

If a non-active session is disconnected, you do not get any dialog. You just get a tray popup. You can keep working with the active session without an interruption. Or do I misunderstand your post?

ffirenze

Re: Re: Embed modal dialogs in the tab corresponding to the connection.

Possibly I did not explain myself well.

The disconnection is just one example of the multiple dialogues that exist. I think that if they were part of the tab, the application would be more flexible to use multiple simultaneous connections.

Regards!

Description: Connection dialog

winscp2.png

Description: Diconnection dialog

winscp1.png

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Re: Embed modal dialogs in the tab corresponding to the connection.

So what other dialogues do you mean?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum