Drag & Drop issue on WinSCP 5.13

Advertisement

Matiboux
Donor

Drag & Drop issue on WinSCP 5.13

Version: WinSCP 5.13 (Build 8172)

I noticed a quite annoying bug recently. I used to be able to drag files from the remote directory and drop them into a Windows Explorer window outside WinSCP.
It used to open the download prompt and the target local directory was the opened directory in the Windows Explorer window.
However, the download prompt now always use the local directory opened in WinSCP itself..

Is that normal? Could it be fixed in an upcoming update?

— Mati

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Drag & Drop issue on WinSCP 5.13

Thanks for your report. Though I cannot reproduce the problem. When/how did you start having the problem? Can you maybe record a video showing the problem?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I'm still not able to reproduce the problem.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

Matiboux
Donor

I'm sorry to say that but the same issue still occur, even with the debug version you sent me.

However, the portable version you gave me used the same config as my installed version of WinSCP. So I guess the problem comes from my WinSCP config, somewhere.
What should I do? Is there a way to backup my sites, without backing up the config, in order to reset it?

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I never claimed that the debug version should fix anything. It's "debug" version, because its purpose is to "debug" the problem. Please follow the instructions in the email.

HikingMike

I installed this on my new computer and see the same issue. I don't remember what my previous version was, but now I have 5.13.1 Build 8265.

Previously, I could drag and drop to/from other locations in Windows explorer windows. That was very helpful so I could drag something quickly to the desktop, or an already open folder. That way I can compare a file (local vs remote version) before I overwrite it. Now, it still allows me to try it, but it only uses the location open in the left side of the program.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

HikingMike wrote:

I installed this on my new computer and see the same issue. I don't remember what my previous version was, but now I have 5.13.1 Build 8265.

Previously, I could drag and drop to/from other locations in Windows explorer windows. That was very helpful so I could drag something quickly to the desktop, or an already open folder. That way I can compare a file (local vs remote version) before I overwrite it. Now, it still allows me to try it, but it only uses the location open in the left side of the program.
If you have Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018 Update), you need to upgrade to the latest version of WinSCP that includes a workaround to a bug in the latest build of Windows 10:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1644

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum