Topic ""Keep remote directory up to date" not working"

Hi,

I'm using v2.2.0 (build 122) and am having problems with the "Keep remote directory up to date" function.

When I start WinSCP and invoke this, the first change I make seems to be transfered correctly, but after that, there is no joy. Even if I close and re-start the keep up to date function nothing is transfered.

When I save files in the local dir I notice that side of the commander like interface update but nothing is copied.

Any ideas?

Robin
Advertisements

I am seeing the same thing, with the same version.

"Keep remote directory up to date" also fails for me -- version 3.1.0, build 165 . The files are not detected or copied. I did check "Don't ask me again," so maybe that exacerbates the problem?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Guest wrote:
"Keep remote directory up to date" also fails for me -- version 3.1.0, build 165 . The files are not detected or copied. I did check "Don't ask me again," so maybe that exacerbates the problem?

What is your OS?

I'm using winscp 3.1.0 (165) on Win2k and get the same problem.
I've interest in this feature! What's is needed to take this feature functional?
Tks and congratulations for this great program.
hnmedcom
[View user's profile]

Thanks to Martin for an exellent program. It's interesting how most of my favorite Windows programs(Trillian, HTML-Kit, UltimateZip...) are done by non-US developers.

Anyway, on to the topic. I'm running XP Home and WinSCP 3.2.1(Build 174). The "Keep remote directory up to date" function works perfectly for me NOW. WinSCP didn't detect changes to files at first, but it then suddenly works and I'm not quite sure why. I will investigate more and report any new findings here. For the impatient ones, here are some info that may/may not make a difference:

- I use Norton Commander interface
- The function worked for both SCP and SFTP(v2)
-
Bruce Nelson

I'm running version 3.2.1 build 174 on Windows 2000 Server. Local directory is a mapped drive pointing to a Novell directory, and destination directory iis to a Sun Solaris directory.

The feature, Keep Remote Directory Up-To-Date, fails to refresh the local directory (using scp mode).

Help! Otherwise an impressive product.
Sad
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Bruce Nelson wrote:
I'm running version 3.2.1 build 174 on Windows 2000 Server. Local directory is a mapped drive pointing to a Novell directory, and destination directory iis to a Sun Solaris directory.

Does it work, when the local directory is on local drive?

prikryl wrote:
Bruce Nelson wrote:

This feature does not work for me either...
Version 3.2.1 (Build 174)
Microsoft Windows 2000 Pro
local directory

On a good day it will copy a file once Confused , but there after it will not notice any changes Crying or Very sad

This would be a great feature if you could get it working! Keep up the great work! Thank you!

Anonymous wrote:
prikryl wrote:
Bruce Nelson wrote:

This feature does not work for me either...
Version 3.2.1 (Build 174)
Microsoft Windows 2000 Pro
local directory

On a good day it will copy a file once Confused , but there after it will not notice any changes Crying or Very sad

This would be a great feature if you could get it working! Keep up the great work! Thank you!

Very Happy I got the feature to work by deselecting the "Preserve Timestamp" option. Very Happy

Anonymous wrote:

Very Happy I got the feature to work by deselecting the "Preserve Timestamp" option. Very Happy

This trick works for me also! Hooray!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Anonymous wrote:

What protocol are you using? If SCP, than there is maybe time zone difference between client and server. Try to solve it by setting the difference on login dialog (SAC tab).

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License