Double-click action by file type

Advertisement

Uncle Roger

Double-click action by file type

It would be great to be able to specify actions for specific types of files (identified by extension). For example, if I double click on a file, I generally want to "Edit" it, but for PDFs, I'd like to "Open" them so they show up in my PDF Viewer (e.g., Acrobat). I could also see setting the default action to "Download"/"Upload".

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Double-click action by file type

Select Edit and then configure an editor for *.pdf files to be "Associated application".

Uncle Roger

Perfect!

Thanks, that works great! (I had to make sure it was at the top of the list, for anyone else who wants to do this.)

Pipman

I also think there should be a Double-Click option for Download/Upload, which I believe is very common in FTP clients.

Advertisement

Pipman

martin wrote:

Pipman wrote:

I also think there should be a Double-Click option for Download/Upload, which I believe is very common in FTP clients.
There is. See:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_panels#double-click

I see that using the "Copy" option provides the Download/Upload double-click functionality that I was looking for, but I would suggest modifying the label to "Transfer" or "Upload/Download" as it was clear that Copy would trigger a Download/Upload.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum