Topic "Moving remote directories to desktop doesn't allways work"

Bruno

Hi.

I want to report a bug. I usually move a directory from the server to my WinXP desktop, but it seldom works. Usually, the dir is downloaded but to a temp directory; it never appears in my desktop. However, sometimes it works.

I'm using version 3.76, but the problem was also present in a previous version, 3.6, I think.

Regards,
Bruno Martnez
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Can you try to find out, when it works and when not? I suppose that you are not using the drag&drop shell extension, do you?

I always do pretty much the same thing. I pick the folder in WinSCP, go to the taskbar so the desktop is shown and drop it there. I guess that qualifies as using the shell extension, right?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Bruno wrote:
I guess that qualifies as using the shell extension, right?

No. By shell extension I mean special feature of WinSCP. Please refer to documentation.

I understand now. I'm not using the shell extension. Good documentation, btw.

How can I help you track this down? I could attach a debuger, given instructions.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
How can I help you track this down? I could attach a debuger, given instructions.

Still, I believe there must be something specific on the transfers that fail. Any idea, really?

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License