Topic "Command Line Inteface Question"

Tom Williams

When I am running long shell scripts on the server, I see a prompt that the server has not communicated back in 15 seconds with an option to abort or wait another 15 seconds.

Question 1
If I just ignore this prompt, will my script continue to completion and the shell will exit on its own?

Question 2
If the answer to number 1 is No, how to I prevent this prompt from showing? When I set Batch Mode On the script auto exits on the first prompt which is bad..

I'm using the December posting of WinSCP.

Regards,

Tom
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Tom Williams wrote:
If I just ignore this prompt, will my script continue to completion and the shell will exit on its own?

Yes it should.

Quote:
If the answer to number 1 is No, how to I prevent this prompt from showing? When I set Batch Mode On the script auto exits on the first prompt which is bad..

You can set longer timeout on login dialog.

prikryl wrote:
Tom Williams wrote:

Yes it should.

Quote:

You can set longer timeout on login dialog.

I set a 999 timeout on the login dialog. But that doesn't actually save it does it? I have to save the 999 timeout to a specific session it seems like.

When I run the batch script to connect to a server, it still says timeout after 15 seconds. How can I set the default timeout to be higher so that the command line batch script for winscp can have a long timeout as well?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
See Set defaults button on stored sessions tab of login dialog.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License