Transfer files from sftp site to server (Folder to Folder match)

Advertisement

Syed Jalal

Dear Forum members,
Kindly help me. I am looking for a batch command script file to connect to sftp site from the server. Upon connecting to the sftp site under the main folder, i will be having different sub-folders. Each sub-folder has files. These files need to be moved to server C:\main-folder\sub-folder. The sub-folder in the sftp site is same as sub-folder in the server side. Hence i need to match the sub-folder name from sftp site to server sub-folder site and then transfer the files. Upon copying the files from sub-folder of sftp site, i need to delete these files from sftp site. Appreciate your kind help my friends.

Regards
Syed Jalal

Advertisement

Syed Jalal

Hi Martin,
I have gone through the URL link for the script. Couple of questions i have:
1) open sftp://user:password@server-ip-address/ -hostkey="ssh-rsa 2048 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx..."
Once I use the above command it will automatically connect to SFTP server, right?
LCD /source-folder-name
Inside the source-folder i have several sub-folders. How to synchronize the files present in each sub-folder with the destination server (Example given below)
source-folder : destination-folder
A6-FGA A6-FGA
A6-FGE A6-FGE
A6-FGJ A-FGJ
I need to synchronize files from source to destination and afterthat i need to delete the files present in each of above sub-folder.
Kindly let me know the commands i need to use in the ftp script.

Regards
Syed Jalal

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Transfer files from sftp site to server (Folder to Folder match)

Syed Jalal wrote:

1) open sftp://user:password@server-ip-address/ -hostkey="ssh-rsa 2048 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx..."
Once I use the above command it will automatically connect to SFTP server, right?
Yes.

I need to synchronize files from source to destination and afterthat i need to delete the files present in each of above sub-folder.
Kindly let me know the commands i need to use in the ftp script.
Start here: https://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_delete_synchronized_files

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum