Issues with Verify Checksum feature and with manually calculating checksum

Advertisement

snicholas

Issues with Verify Checksum feature and with manually calculating checksum

I am running into an issue when I attempt to use the "Verify Checksum" feature or when I navigate to the file/folder properties for the "Calculate checksum" feature while connected via SFTP. When attempting the "Verify Checksum" feature, the value for the local file is returned, but I get the following error:

"Error: Exception calling "CalculateFileChecksum" with "2" argument(s): "Operation not supported."

If I navigate to the properties of a file, and click on the Checksum tab, all options are grayed out.

If I try these same two processes while connected via FTP, they both work without issue. I only experience issues when connected via SFTP.

According to the vendor documentation for our SFTP server the algorithms SHA1, SHA256, SHA512, and MD5 are supported over SSH/SFTP.

If anyone has run into an issue like this, I'd appreciate any suggestions on resolving this problem.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Issues with Verify Checksum feature and with manually calculating checksum

snicholas wrote:

According to the vendor documentation for our SFTP server the algorithms SHA1, SHA256, SHA512, and MD5 are supported over SSH/SFTP.
Most probably, the documentation is either wrong or you have misinterpreted it.
Isn't the documentation you refer to about SSH, rather than about SFTP? This is SFTP-only functionality. It has nothing to do with algorithms used by SSH.
Can you post a link?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum