Bug affecting V5.15.2

Advertisement

Bug affecting V5.15.2

Clicking (single-click)/highlighting a folder or even searching with a query returning a folder as search result (in login/host select list view) directly triggers to initiate the connection (without pressing enter or OK) - only affecting Version V5.15.2 - downgrading to V5.15.1 solved this...

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Bug affecting V5.15.2

Do you mean that if you single-click on a site folder on Login dialog, WinSCP starts connecting straight away? I cannot reproduce this.

Re: Bug affecting V5.15.2 up to 5.15.5

martin wrote:

Do you mean that if you single-click on a site folder on Login dialog, WinSCP starts connecting straight away? I cannot reproduce this.

Hi martin,

I probably figured out some detail when the problem will occur:
- Use a master password
- Create a folder in login view
- Create connection entries (i.e. 5) inside this folder.
- add a stored password for some (i.e. 2) of the accounts - protected by the master password

Now, by just single-clicking (or searching) the folder containing accounts with stored passwords WinSCP does now ask for the master-password, even if no account really connects.
Even with a click on cancel the master-password query is repeated in the number of accounts with stored passwords.

Expected behavior:
Master password queried only if protected account is dbl-clicked/connecting or edited...

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks! I have fixed that:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1799

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a development version of WinSCP for testing? Please include a link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I have sent an e-mail!
WinSCP 5.16.1 beta with the fix has been released meanwhile already.

I appreciate any feedback.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum