WebDAV: PROPPATCH lastmodified instead of getlastmodified

Advertisement

dansoftware
dansoftware avatar

WebDAV: PROPPATCH lastmodified instead of getlastmodified

Hello.

WinSCP uses property "getlastmodified" with PROPPATCH method to modify mtime of a file on a WebDAV storage. It is incorrect. "getlastmodified" is read only and should be used with PROPFIND only. "lastmodified" property should be used with PROPPATCH instead: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/19737 Please, fix the problem.

Advertisement

dansoftware
dansoftware avatar

You are right. This is my post on ownCloud repository. Nor lastmodified nor getlastmodified does not work with ownCloud actually. It seems that there is a bug in ownCloud around PROPPATCH+lastmodified. It responses "HTTP/1.1 200 OK" but mtime of a file is not changed actually. I do not use any other WebDAV server. So I don't know how lastmodified property is well supported.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I do not know any WebDAV server that does support "lastmodified" either. On the contrary there is a server that does support "getlastmodified". That's why WinSCP uses it.

Once there's any server that correctly supports "lastmodified", I'm happy to change WinSCP behavior.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

dansoftware wrote:

Well, it seems to me that it is good idea to add an option to WinSCP to change its behavior between "getlastmodified" and "lastmodified".
Do you have any reference for use of "lastmodified"?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum