We have to dump some data to a server we don't control, running sftp. From home, cable internet, winscp does fine. From work, the connection negotiates the encryption, then sends 1 sent encrypted packet, 1 received, then errors out.
The error I get is:
. 2019-04-22 14:46:11.907 Password authentication failed
! 2019-04-22 14:46:11.907 Access denied
. 2019-04-22 14:46:11.938 Server offered these authentication methods:
. 2019-04-22 14:46:11.938 Selecting events 0 for socket 1504
. 2019-04-22 14:46:11.938 Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: )
* 2019-04-22 14:46:11.954 (EFatal) Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: )
* 2019-04-22 14:46:11.954 Authentication log (see session log for details):
* 2019-04-22 14:46:11.954 Using username "redacted".
* 2019-04-22 14:46:11.954 Access denied.
* 2019-04-22 14:46:11.954
* 2019-04-22 14:46:11.954 Authentication failed.
It seems like the server is not sending any authentication methods.
From home the log looks different, and has authentication methods and then uses them and logs in fine.
Server offered these authentication methods: publickey,password
so, why would one network/computer/winscp get nothing, and one get publickey,password?
another question, I used wireshark to grab the packets, is there a way to use the key data from winscp to decode those packets and see what's going wrong?