Windows Store Version Has Tiny Taskbar Icon

Advertisement

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
32,114
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Windows Store Version Has Tiny Taskbar Icon

Thanks for your report.
What is your monitor settings? Do you have multiple monitors? What Display Scale do you have set in Windows Settings?

Reply with quote

PkChris
Joined:
Posts:
4
Location:
Canada

Re: Windows Store Version Has Tiny Taskbar Icon

martin wrote:

Thanks for your report.
What is your monitor settings? Do you have multiple monitors? What Display Scale do you have set in Windows Settings?

Ah right, sorry for the lack of detail.

It's happening on my work laptop which is a Macbook dual booting Windows hooked up to 2 1080p monitors (appears tiny on all 3 screens) and on my home PC hooked up to a single 1440p monitor.

Happens on all resolution scalings. Start menu tile has normal sized icon. It became tiny after the most recent update.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
32,114
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Windows Store Version Has Tiny Taskbar Icon

OK, I can maybe reproduce it now. I get the small icon, when I pin the app to the task bar. When I run the app, the icon is normal. When I close it, the pinned small icon re-appears. Is that the behavior that you experience?

Reply with quote

PkChris
Joined:
Posts:
4
Location:
Canada

Re: Windows Store Version Has Tiny Taskbar Icon

martin wrote:

OK, I can maybe reproduce it now. I get the small icon, when I pin the app to the task bar. When I run the app, the icon is normal. When I close it, the pinned small icon re-appears. Is that the behavior that you experience?

For me it's always tiny if the app is opened, closed, pinned or not. Here's a video of what I'm seeing.

https://video.vidyard.com/watch/fqx7PkhcAWH6RgnH5jdy5w

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
32,114
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Windows Store Version Has Tiny Taskbar Icon

This issue has been added to the tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1793

I'm sending you an email with a development version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

Reply with quote

PkChris
Joined:
Posts:
4
Location:
Canada

Re: Windows Store Version Has Tiny Taskbar Icon

martin wrote:

This issue has been added to the tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1793

I'm sending you an email with a development version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

The build you sent me fixed it! Thanks for looking into this!

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
32,114
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Windows Store Version Has Tiny Taskbar Icon

Thanks for your feedback!

Reply with quote

Guest

Re: Windows Store Version Has Tiny Taskbar Icon

PkChris wrote:

martin wrote:

OK, I can maybe reproduce it now. I get the small icon, when I pin the app to the task bar. When I run the app, the icon is normal. When I close it, the pinned small icon re-appears. Is that the behavior that you experience?

For me it's always tiny if the app is opened, closed, pinned or not. Here's a video of what I'm seeing.

https://video.vidyard.com/watch/fqx7PkhcAWH6RgnH5jdy5w
Greetings,

same problem here. May you please send me the fix for it? I would be glad if you could update the fix version in Microsoft Store too.

Best regards,
Chris

Reply with quote

Advertisement

Guest

Hi Martin,

did I made something wrong that I bought the software from MS Store? using the free version was everything ok. Small feedback would be appreciated.

best regards,
Chris

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
32,114
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Windows Store Version Has Tiny Taskbar Icon

same problem here. May you please send me the fix for it? I would be glad if you could update the fix version in Microsoft Store too.
I'm happy to send it. But I have no way to reach you.

Can you send me an email? Please include a link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

We will of course update the Store version, once we actually release the fix. Probably in few weeks.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum