WinSCP 5.15.4 consistently freezing

Advertisement

jatkey

WinSCP 5.15.4 consistently freezing

I can't use the program for more than 5 seconds at a time without it freezing and Windows returning "not responding" messages. It freezes for minutes at a time between brief working periods and is thus barely usable. This happens even before managing to SSH.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP 5.15.4 consistently freezing

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

Last edited by martin on 2019-10-18; edited 1 time in total

massefa

Have same problem

WinSCP 5.15.4 connects to server fine, but the minute I try to transfer files from the remote server it gets stuck and says "Not Responding". Specifically, after I have clicked the file I want to transfer and dragged it, the program freezes the minute I let go to finalize the transfer. Sometimes I tried selecting the file I want to transfer, and clicking on "Download". In that case the file manages to transfer but the program still freezes and I needed to use task manager to shut it off and start again. I am using SFTP on windows 10 education. Could someone please help?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Have same problem

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Having the same problem

patdung100 wrote:

Having the same problem in here.
Attached some info for debugging.
Thanks for your report.

oscord

freezing

Noticed after many years of usage that WinSCP is freezing. I think it has to do me shutting down my NAS and still having a mapped drive in the Windows Explorer.

Can WinSCP abstain from trying to access every drive on every refresh and stop freezing please?

Everyone, please donate at least 5 bucks, its good software and we want it to run well!

Thank you

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: freezing

oscord wrote:

Noticed after many years of usage that WinSCP is freezing. I think it has to do me shutting down my NAS and still having a mapped drive in the Windows Explorer.
Thanks for your report.

tropiko

Freezes on 5.17.6 (build 10516)

Hi, I'm also using WinSCP 5.17.6 (build 10516),
registered, installed from Microsoft Store.

Freezes happen regardless if I'm connected to a server or not. It takes about 4-5 seconds for it to start freezing. Sometimes menus are clickable despite the front prompt being stuck.
It's very unnerving, I've bought the software specifically to help with work, and would love for it to work like a charm again, as it did a few months ago.

Would you kindly share with me a debug build as well?

Thanks,
Tudor

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Freezes on 5.17.6 (build 10516)

tropiko wrote:

Would you kindly share with me a debug build as well?
Sent to your email address.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum