Application error using WinSCP on Windows Server in Azure

Advertisement

momiyama
Joined:
Posts:
1
Location:
Japan

Application error using WinSCP on Windows Server in Azure

I've created a Windows application which uses WinSCP 5.13.3 (DLL) to download files from a secure FTP site. This has been working for several weeks until today when I received the error message,
'WinSCP process terminated with exit code -1073741819 (C0000005). There was no output. Response log file C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\wscp1044.01EA0A2F.tmp was not created. This could indicate lack of write permissions to the log folder or problems starting WinSCP itself.'
I Googled the error and just found the recommendation that I should be using the latest version of WinSCP, which I do. I'm able to run the WinCP exe without any problems. Any helpful information beyond "be sure you have the latest version" would be appreciated.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

prachi06
Joined:
Posts:
5
Location:
Mumbai

WinSCP Issue

I am also getting the same issue. Is there any resolution for this? I am pulling the files using Azure Timer Trigger functions. I am getting below error
Timeout waiting for WinSCP to respond - WinSCP has not responded in time. There was no output. Response log file D:\local\Temp\wscp226C.03C48178.tmp was not created. This could indicate lack of write permissions to the log folder or problems starting WinSCP itself.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
32,364
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Application error using WinSCP on Windows Server in Azure

momiyama wrote:

I've created a Windows application which uses WinSCP 5.13.3 (DLL) to download files from a secure FTP site. ...
How exactly do you run that application?

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
32,364
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: WinSCP Issue

prachi06 wrote:

I am also getting the same issue. Is there any resolution for this? I am pulling the files using Azure Timer Trigger functions. I am getting below error
Timeout waiting for WinSCP to respond - WinSCP has not responded in time. There was no output. Response log file D:\local\Temp\wscp226C.03C48178.tmp was not created. This could indicate lack of write permissions to the log folder or problems starting WinSCP itself.
I'll try to reproduce the problem with Azure Functions.

Is this also a new problem? Was it working before?

Reply with quote

prachi06
Joined:
Posts:
5
Location:
Mumbai

Re: WinSCP Issue

martin wrote:

prachi06 wrote:

I am also getting the same issue. Is there any resolution for this? I am pulling the files using Azure Timer Trigger functions. I am getting below error
Timeout waiting for WinSCP to respond - WinSCP has not responded in time. There was no output. Response log file D:\local\Temp\wscp226C.03C48178.tmp was not created. This could indicate lack of write permissions to the log folder or problems starting WinSCP itself.
I'll try to reproduce the problem with Azure Functions.

Is this also a new problem? Was it working before?

No it was not working before

Reply with quote

Advertisement

prachi06
Joined:
Posts:
5
Location:
Mumbai

WinSCP Issue

Issue is resolved at my end. Previously I have created the Timer Trigger function so when that trigger was automatically executed, it was using Local User Account which has permission issue. So to overcome this permission issue, I have created one HTTP trigger function so when that trigger is executed from browser it is using IIS user account and it has all permission so it executed successfully.

Reply with quote

prachi06
Joined:
Posts:
5
Location:
Mumbai

WinScp Issue in Timer Trigger

I have follow steps from below link for Timer Trigger azure function
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_microsoft_azure_function_sftp
I have assign the executable path as specified in above url. But when connection is opening(session.Open(sessionOptions);) I am getting the error as below
Timeout waiting for WinSCP to respond - WinSCP has not responded in time. There was no output. Response log file D:\local\Temp\wscp226C.03C48178.tmp was not created. This could indicate lack of write permissions to the log folder or problems starting WinSCP itself.

Please can you explain what other setting you have done to avoid this error.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
32,364
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: WinScp Issue in Timer Trigger

Can you share some test VS project that reproduces the problem?

Reply with quote

Advertisement

prachi06
Joined:
Posts:
5
Location:
Mumbai

WinScp Issue in Timer Trigger

Please find attached function file. The code which I have attached is for HTTP Trigger function. When I am calling using that trigger also I am getting same issue.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
32,364
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: WinScp Issue in Timer Trigger

I have asked for a whole project.

Anyway, did you try using the exact code from the sample? No async/Task stuff. The AuthorizationLevel.Anonymous can also have an effect on this.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum