syncronize with -delete - is -mirror also needed

Advertisement

Ladelle

syncronize with -delete - is -mirror also needed

Using the latest WinSCP Version 5.17.2 (Build 10278) (OS 10.0.18363) when trying to syncronize with delete, the log shows the reading of the -delete parameter put the source file is never deleted after transfer. Only doing LOCAL or REMOTE syncronize.

The -delete for GET documentation says it removes the files. Does it only work with SYNCRONIZE when -mirror is also used as the documentation mentions removing obsolete files?

Brian

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: syncronize with -delete - is -mirror also needed

No you do not need to use -mirror to use -delete.
If you have a problem, please post a session log file.

Ladelle

Here is the log. As an additional note, the --LOCALPATH-- is a UNC location on a Windows server.

I had tried syncronize -delete local and syncronize local -delete but same result.

Brian
  • FTPWinScp.log (16.63 KB, Private file)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

OK, but I need some description, of what I should look for in the log. What file do you thing should have been deleted, but was not?

Ladelle

The following;
file : --remotepath--/ITTest/demo.txt
and I beleive
file : --remotepath--/ITTest/TestRmtDir/Demo3.txt
path : --remotepath--/ITTest/TestRmtDir/

I have dozens of folders that I would be syncronizing and have a means of ensureing they are never empty so can't be deleted but any normal files,subfolders and subfiles should copy from remote to local and then delete.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

You are doing synchronize local.
So the local folder is synchronized. No changes on the server/remote side are done.

Ladelle

I thought that like the -delete on the get command that "Delete source remote file(s) after a successful transfer." would also do the same with synchonize if it was only a one-way sync.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Ladelle wrote:

I thought that like the -delete on the get command that "Delete source remote file(s) after a successful transfer." would also do the same with synchonize if it was only a one-way sync.
Of course not. You would not end up with synchronized directories. That would not be a synchronization.
You are probably looking for this:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_delete_synchronized_files

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum