Auto change from SFTP to SCP or a button to re-connect with SCP.

Advertisement

programedit

Auto change from SFTP to SCP or a button to re-connect with SCP.

Hi,

I'm using an external tool to open the WinSCP using the command line. In this case, the URL used is "SFTP://...". However, in some cases the server to connect is SCP only. Then a window indicating the error appears when connecting. But NO BUTTON or another option to reconnect with the other protocol.

So, it's possible to add a new button with the option "Reconnect with SCP", or add one autoreconnect option changing to SCP ?

Thank you!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Auto change from SFTP to SCP or a button to re-connect with SCP.

Sorry, this makes no sense to me. You have to know what protocol you need to use and tell WinSCP upfront.

programedit

martin wrote:

Sorry, this makes no sense to me. You have to know what protocol you need to use and tell WinSCP upfront.

Sorry, I feel it has sense!

Please think on this environment: You use an external tool that stablish one SSH session (in fact, a simple terminal tool). This tool has the option to start a WinSCP senssion using the command line: "winscp sftp://user@server -pw pass". Until here all has sense and it's implemented.

What's the problem? The server can have support for SFTP and/or SCP. And the client tool can't determine this before calling to the WinSCP, as the connection is a plain (terminal) SSH session. So the command is every time using the "sftp://" protocol by default.

Then what I request is a "simple" solution: Add a new button in the error window to try to use the other alternative protocol. That's very simple. If the command line uses "sftp://" and the connection fails, then a third button can be use for trying with "scp://". Futhermore, if the "scp://" fails then the button can be used to try with "sftp://".

You don't need to make a huge change. Just to add a new button to "reconnect" using the other protocol. Simple and effective!

Please, reconsider your response.
Thank you!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

We will see, if more people ask for this.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum