Must be logged in as an Administrator when installing

Advertisement

Highseas513

Must be logged in as an Administrator when installing

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise (ver 1809) and attempting to load WinSCP 5.17.5. I currently have WinSCP 5.15.9 loading and working properly. When I double-click the WinSCP-5.17.5-Setup.exe file, it states "You must be logged in as an Administrator when installing this program." and aborts immediately. I'm 100% sure I'm logged in as an Administrator on the laptop and I've tried deleting and downloading the setup file a couple of times, but continue to have the same issue. I'm starting Windows Explorer by opening a CMD prompt (Run as Administrator) and then typing "explorer.exe". Unsure how to get past this issue? Thanks

Description: Message that comes up after double-clicking the Setup.exe file. You click Ok and the install aborts.

WinScp_Admin.PNG

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Must be logged in as an Administrator when installing

Can you please start the installer with /log=c:\some\path\setup.log command-line parameter and post the log here?

Highseas513

Was able to run to success

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply. Oddly enough, it worked today when I tried again (running it from the command prompt). I can only imagine there was something odd with the laptop, but I don't know what it was. Thanks again!

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum