Configuration Problems

Advertisement

ingogliar

Configuration Problems

Greetings.

I have used WinSCP for about a year now and I have never (ever) had it not work flawlessly (I have the current version 5.17.6 Build 10516). I recommend it to everyone. This is not a bug report but an issue re: my ignorance.

With the COVID crisis I have begun moving all of my classes online. I am currently using Moodle Rooms for my online classes. Instead of always logging into Moodle Rooms and uploading a file with small changes, I would love to FTP into the site and just replace/add the file.

Stupidly(?), knowing that my Respondus Software -- https://web.respondus.com/he/respondus/ -- (which allows for the creation and uploading of tests directly into my course shell, I got the "brilliant" idea to use the login information from Respondus and enter it into WinSCP configuration (Respondus sends the test directly into my specific course -- and right into the module - section -- I want).

My problem -- I THINK that I am actually getting into the Moodle Room server using WinSCP using this information, but I am unable to upload any file ("Error Message 405 Method not allowed"). I know that this is an error on my part -- not your program -- but any clarification as to how to work around this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and I apologize for bothering you.

Description: Respondus Configuration screen

Respondus configuration screen for Moodle Room Server.jpg

Description: Configuration details

Configuration Screen.jpg

Description: Log File

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Configuration Problems

Can you post WinSCP log file?
Can your Respondus do logging? Can you post its log too?

ingogliar

Logging

First off, thank you so much for responding to my question.

I searched both documentation and online for information on the possibility of having Respondus 4.0 log information. Unfortunately, it does not have that capability. Again, thank you - your kindness is greatly appreciated.

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Log File

Sorry, I didn't notice. The server does not behave like a WebDAV server. Sorry, I do not know how to help you.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum