Use Get to submit job and receive job output

Advertisement

scb

Use Get to submit job and receive job output

Hello,
I'm using version 5.17.6 (Build 10516). I also had this problem with previous versions. I am running this on Windows 10 Enterprise version 1709, os build 16299.1868 using FTP.
I am trying to run a script with a Get to submit a job and automatically receive the job's output. Per https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/latest?topic=jes-steps-submitting-job-automatically-receiving-output, this should be possible, and I've seen in other discussion groups that others have achieved this sans WinSCP. However when I try this with WinSCP, I get the dreaded messages, "Script: Can't get attributes of file 'FTP'" and "File or folder 'FTP' does not exist."
The problem seems to be with the command "call SITE FILETYPE=JES NOJESGETBYDSN." When I remove this command from the script, the Get works normally and downloads the file. When the command is in the script, errors occur even though the Get command did not change. I've attached the Windows bat file, script, and log.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Description: Log
Description: Script
Description: Windows bat file

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Use Get to submit job and receive job output

What is the FTP in your get command? The link you have posted says that you should be doing something like get jclfilename.jclfiletype.

scb

Re: Use Get to submit job and receive job output

martin wrote:

What is the FTP in your get command? The link you have posted says that you should be doing something like get jclfilename.jclfiletype.

Thanks for your response, Martin.

"FTP" is the low-level qualifier of my filename - ID.FTP. I've tried many different filename scenarios in the Get command including using single quotes, double quotes, slash, and back-slash. I've also tried changing the PWD. Any suggestions on how to code the Get's filename?

As mentioned earlier, the script's Get command works normally (downloads) without the command "call SITE FILETYPE=JES NOJESGETBYDSN." So I don't think the filename syntax is a problem.

Regarding the verbiage "jclfilename.jclfiletype", mainframe file name segments can only be eight characters. So the verbiage is a bad example and not valid.

Please let me know if you have other questions. Thank you for your help!

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum