winscp batch script ask for password on version 5.17 when I only use username and certificate

Advertisement

Gian

winscp batch script ask for password on version 5.17 when I only use username and certificate

Hello,

I just updated Winscp from 5.11 to 5.17. My bath script only use username@server and private ssh certificate. My script used to run OK in 5.11, but after Winscp was updated to version 5.17, the batch ask for password after trying to authenticate with username@server + private ssh certificate. If I launch WinScp GUI, all looks OK. So as a workaround i had to roll-back to 5.11.
Any ideas?

Advertisement

Gian

Hello, I got some suggestions that I was not using parameter -privatekey on my script.
This is the line i was using to connect:
open sftp://user@host -hostkey="ssh-rsa 1024 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"

On GUI, i have the ppk key added since I installed Winscp many years ago. But did not notice i had to use -privatekey on my script.
However the script was working fine until I migrated to 5.17.6. Perhaps this new version does require -privatekey field for security?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum