Directly write contents of a string object to the remote file

Advertisement

Gert.Broekhaar@rivm.nl

Directly write contents of a string object to the remote file

Hello,

Being aware that my question perhaps is not in line with the SCP-protocol, I wondered if it is possible to directly write the contents of a .NET string to the remote file? Using the PutFiles-method I see that the first two parameters are localPath and remotePath. I would like to skip the step of first writing the string contents to a local file and then using the PutFiles but the method doesn't seem to have an overload to support this approach. Is there a way to accomplish this with WinSCP?

Thanks very much,

Gert

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Directly write contents of a string object to the remote file

It's not supported in the current version of WinSCP.

The next version of WinSCP will supporting streaming with SFTP protocol:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1738

I can provide you a development build, if you want to try it.

tj

Development build

I was wondering if it would be possible to get the dev build with support for streaming with SFTP protocol (5.18), so I can try it and see if it will meet my needs?

Thanks!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Development build

tj wrote:

I was wondering if it would be possible to get the dev build with support for streaming with SFTP protocol (5.18), so I can try it and see if it will meet my needs?
Sent to your email.

Advertisement

sara.m_@...

Hello Martin,

I have the same problem as Gert and I would like to put one file from a Stream without writing it first on disk. Could you send me the development build too please (both the .exe and the .dll)?
Thank you very much.

Sara

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

sara.m_@... wrote:

I have the same problem as Gert and I would like to put one file from a Stream without writing it first on disk. Could you send me the development build too please (both the .exe and the .dll)?
Sent.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum