WinSCP v 5.7 : Timeout waiting for WinSCP to respond - WinSCP has not responded in time

Advertisement

V Amarnath

WinSCP v 5.7 : Timeout waiting for WinSCP to respond - WinSCP has not responded in time

Hi,
We have a Powershell script which opens a Winscp session to remote FTP server. The script has been scheduled in task scheduler to trigger at 5 schedules in a day. Occasionally, the script that triggers at 5 AM fails with the following message in the log file. But the other schedule runs are not impacted.

Timeout waiting for WinSCP to respond - WinSCP has not responded in time (response log file C:\Users\taskrunner\AppData\Local\Temp\wscp1008.03EE7DB9.tmp was not created). This could indicate lack of write permissions to the log folder or problems starting WinSCP itself.

We have investigated the logs on the server and couldn't find anything that could lead to this failure. I have also searched for this error in this forum and understood that this was identified as bug and has been fixed in later versions prior to v 5.7.
Could you advise how to investigate and find the root cause of this ?
Thanks.
Regards,
Amarnath

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP v 5.7 : Timeout waiting for WinSCP to respond - WinSCP has not responded in time

Please attach the debug and session log files.

V Amarnath

Re: WinSCP v 5.7 : Timeout waiting for WinSCP to respond - WinSCP has not responded in time

Thanks Martin for your response.
The Logging properties were not configured for the script and as it's in production I need to get the approval for the same.

Does adding the Session.XmlLogPath to the script is enough ?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Session.SessionLogPath and Session.DebugLogPath.

V Amarnath

I have added these properties to the script and started capturing the logs. But the size of debug files are ranging between 2GB to 6 GB and I think it's dependent on number of files to be downloaded and deleted after.

Today afternoon the script has failed twice with "Session has unexpectedly closed" error. I would like to share the debug and session log files for the same. But they are about 2 GB in size. Can you please advise how to share them with you.

Advertisement

Amarnath V

Hi,

I have attached both Session and Debug log files.
Please review them and advise.Thanks in advance.
  • 12082020_050136AMSessionLog.txt (3.77 KB, Private file)
Description: Session Log file
  • 12082020_050136AMDebug.txt (12.8 KB, Private file)
Description: Debug log file

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Amarnath V wrote:

I have attached both Session and Debug log files.
Please review them and advise.Thanks in advance.
I'm lost. First you wrote that the log files have GBs, dependent on the number of transferred files. Yet now you posted small log files for a session that does not even connect (let alone transfer any file at all).

Amarnath V

Sorry for that confusion. Please allow me to explain it in detail.
There are two issues due to which the script has been failing.
1) Session unexpectedly closed - In this case, Connection has established and some files were downloaded. Hence the size of log files are bigger. But this has very minimal impact on our downstream jobs.
2) Winscp timeout exception - In this case, connection has failed and so no files were downloaded. So the size of log files were small.This has been causing our downstream jobs to fail.

My actual post was to investigate the reason for the second error message.Kindly ignore the older post.

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum