Advertisement

JohnWis

SFTP, Remote side unexpectedly closed network connection

WinSCP version 5.17.6
Worked with version 5.9.3
Windows server 2016 (in Citrix)
SFTP
Using the GUI
Error: Remote side unexpectedly closed network connection or Network error: Software caused connection abort
When setting up a connection to a Linux server, an error occur, connection can't be establised.
With the old version of WinSCP there is no issue to connect to these Linux servers, It is not 1 server but a pool of servers not working.
The WinSCP client (old en new) are running on a XenApp environment.
Description: 3 sessions, all failed but with 2 different messages

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: SFTP, Remote side unexpectedly closed network connection

Can you post a log file of a successful session from the old version of WinSCP?

Francis

I updated to WinSCP 5.17.7 a few days ago and met a similar problem:
The administrator of the remote SFTP site tells me that the server hosting the SFTP receives a GET/HTTP request (after the connection). As a consequence my IP is banned and I cannot reconnect.

NB: the connection of the SFTP site use a tunnel. I can connect and reconnect with command line (or Java JSch).

2020-09-09T12:04:28+02:00 sftp-g03 sshd[211583]: [ID 800047 auth.info] Accepted publickey for XXX from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX port 49912 ssh2: RSA SHA256:XXXX
2020-09-09T12:04:29+02:00 sftp-g03 sshd[211613]: [ID 800047 auth.info] Bad protocol version identification 'GET / HTTP/1.1' from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX port 49914

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: SFTP, Remote side unexpectedly closed network connection

Thanks for the log. It didn't reveal anything useful though. Did you have an access to server-side logs? Don't you need to whitelist the new version somehow in your "XenApp environment"?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Francis wrote:

I updated to WinSCP 5.17.7 a few days ago and met a similar problem:
The administrator of the remote SFTP site tells me that the server hosting the SFTP receives a GET/HTTP request (after the connection). As a consequence my IP is banned and I cannot reconnect.
This does not seem related. Please start a new thread and post log files from both old and the new version of WinSCP.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum