Topic "File filter"

Tom Farrell

Hello
I use winSCP a lot. I would like to have a filter to find files of a specific type rather than just giving me all the files in the folder.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
It's on the TODO already.
Donor
Tom, in the meantime, you can sort by extension in WinSCP.

Hi Martin,

Is there an eta when the file filter will be available to render a list? Thanks, Kate.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Kate wrote:
Is there an eta when the file filter will be available to render a list? Thanks, Kate.

Have no idea, sorry Sad
But I have gave it higher priority now Smile
bikegriffith

I agree this would be a great feature to have. Some of the directories I often browse are filled with thousands of files, and it takes way too long to load the entire directory, if it is able to at alol. I usually am forced to open putty and cp a set of files into a different empty directory and view it in scp. Having a WS_FTP-esque wildcard filter option would be great.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
bikegriffith wrote:
I agree this would be a great feature to have. Some of the directories I often browse are filled with thousands of files, and it takes way too long to load the entire directory, if it is able to at alol. I usually am forced to open putty and cp a set of files into a different empty directory and view it in scp. Having a WS_FTP-esque wildcard filter option would be great.

SFTP protocol does not allow filtering anyway. So WinSCP would need to filter files after retrieving the whole directory. So it would not save much time.

This would be helpful. It would save time browsing files once they were retrieved.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This issue has been added to tracker.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License