Topic "Backing up to a Windows machine from a Linux RedHat OS"

programguru
[View user's profile]

I am using WinSCP to copy my backup dir from my dedicated server to my local windows machine.

My backup consists of all of my .tar.gz files, and a "files" folder which contains all of my MySQL, email, and other account config info.

The backup is run via WHM on RedHat 9.

I just want to make sure the .tar.gz backups being copied to my windows machine are kept in proper format in the case that I would need to import the files and extract them back into WHM (if I lost all remote (backup) and live account info) ..

Does WinSCP keep the file integrity together? Meaning, because they are being copied to a Windows machine, will the format be degraded?

I am sure this is an extremely difficult question, so I don't expect too many answers, but just hoping someone might have some tips or words about this.

Thanks in advance.
Site Admin
If you make sure you use binary transfer mode, the files will be transfered as is.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License