Slow using WinSCP.com vs WinSCP GUI

Advertisement

Matt9000

Slow using WinSCP.com vs WinSCP GUI

Hi,

When transferring a 10GB file using the GUI in Explorer mode to a local drive, transfer rate is 20MB/s.

The same action executed through the console on the same machine (A) gets 250kB/s transfer rate.

The same action executed through the console on different machine (B) on same network gets 20MB/s transfer rate.

Only difference between A and B is free space on C: drive: A has 8GB free, B has 30GB free. Same internet connection, same files, same everything else. I am using the latest version of WinSCP on both machines (5.17.9). This leads me to believe that somehow during the console transfer the file is temporarily cached on the C: drive, whereas not during Explorer GUI copy by "dragging the file" from source to destination? I have tried many console switches and options but nothing makes a difference. Can you help?

Thanks,
Matthew

Advertisement

Matt9000

Martin,
Appreciate the quick reply. Seems disabling logging allows the console script to run at the same speed as the GUI. I had ruled this out as I have 2 log files, both saved to the same shared drive. However I will investigate further and respond if I can't get to the bottom of it.

Kind Regards, Matthew

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum