WinSCP Version: 5.17.9 and previous ones
The actual WINSCP file EDITOR window goes to background unexpectedly after an umatched search.
Unfortunately, it doesn't happens regularly.
Here is how to reproduce the problem (a lot of time this works):
1) have many application windows open on your desktop (not only winScp or it doesn't happen)
2) open a WinSCP editor windows (ie: double click on a file in winscp file list)
3) find a string repeatedly until the end of the file: the popup "Cannot find the string..." comes up: close it.
4) modify the search string (possibly type an unexisting one, so we will get again the "cannot find" popup).
5) click on Find Next
6) the actual editor window and its popup, both go to the background.
This is odd, and if I have a lot of winscp editor windows open, becomes difficult to find again the editor on which I was working on, and proceed with my workpath.
I am sorry I am not able to find an always-working way to reproduce the problem.