Support to browse drive letters that have been hidden?

Advertisement

upsidedown
Joined:
Posts:
2

Support to browse drive letters that have been hidden?

I have hidden certain drive letters from showing on Explorer using the registry in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
Being the registry key:
NoDrives
But because they are hidden from the default file explorer it is also hidden from WinSCP, I understand that I shouldn't be able to see the drive in the drive list, that's what I want, but I should be able to access the drive if I access it manually by entering its letter or the path to a directory inside one of the hidden drives, instead WinSCP does nothing when I try that. Can you please add support or fix this? I'm on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

Nilpo
Donor
Joined:
Posts:
7
Location:
New Springfield, OH

Try using Ctrl+O or choosing Go To > Open Directory from either the Local or Remote menu depending on which side you want. You can type in your desired directory path.

Reply with quote

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
43,040
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Support to browse drive letters that have been hidden?

@upsidedown: We will see, if more people ask for this.

Btw, the suggestions by @Nilpo cannot work. But you probably know that already.

What you can do is to create a directory symlink on one of the visible drives. Or use an UNC path to access those drives.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum