How to log on to free WinSCP

Advertisement

frak

How to log on to free WinSCP

I manage a website.. mdihcc39.org ...which I formally used Filezilla to access the FTP; there have been failure to connect to server issues and hostingcheck.com our site provider suggested I switch to WinSCP; which I did - I downloaded the exe file then was able to use it to access and update my site which has been inactive for a year due to COVID issues; but when I tried to access the site FTP to update it again - C\-mdihcc@mdihcc39.org-WinSCP - what I got was a request to provide a password to reconnect to the session.. I do not have a password that works - I called the help number and was told that they do not have any account existing under my email address and that to continue I would have to subscribe for $9.99 a month fee,to enroll and register; I do not understand if WinSCP FTP access service is free or not; if it is free beyond a trial then how do I get to and use it?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: How to log on to free WinSCP

WinSCP is a just a client application that you use to connect to your server hosting. You pay them for the hosting. You do not pay anything for using WinSCP. WinSCP is free.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum