Topic "Keeping the local copy of the remote file after editing"

Hayashi

After editing and saving a remote file using an external editor, the local copy of the file will be automatically deleted when the session is closed. How to disable this deletion feature as i want to keep the local file?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I do not want to leave files in temporary folder. However, please tell me a reason you want to keep the local file, I may find other solution for you then.

prikryl wrote:
I do not want to leave files in temporary folder. However, please tell me a reason you want to keep the local file, I may find other solution for you then.

The reason is that i just need a local backup copy of the edited file (automatically) without having to synchronise the local directory with the entire remote directory.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Have you checked function Keep remote directory up to date?

prikryl wrote:
Have you checked function Keep remote directory up to date?

This feature synchronizes the whole directory whereas i need to synchronize only a single file.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
This feature synchronizes the whole directory whereas i need to synchronize only a single file.

Then I still do not understand what you do (i.e. how you are using WinSCP). Please tell me.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License