Unable to set local path for the Archive and Download command

Advertisement

ZianAtFirstWatch

Unable to set local path for the Archive and Download command

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch WinSCP from the Start menu.
2. Login to a SFTP host (we'll call it "F").
3. Right-click on a folder (e.g. public) and select File Custom Commands | Archive and Download...
4. Click OK
5. Watch a PowerShell window start up and successfully package all the files into a ZIP.

Actual Results (Final entries below; full log attached):
Archive archive.zip created.
Downloading...
Error: Exception calling "Check" with "0" argument(s): "Can't create file 'C:\Users\Zian\Documents\Personal\Webpage\archive.zip.filepart'.
System Error. Code: 3.
The system cannot find the path specified"

Press any key to exit...
Expected Result:
I would have expected WinSCP to let me specify the local path after step 3 or after step 5. I'm not surprised it can't create the file in c:\users\zian\documents\personal because there's no personal folder in the Documents folder on my computer's C drive.

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_dir_default says that I can set the local path by going to Advanced Site Settings. However, that dialog says "Local directory is not used with Explorer interface."

Additional Details:
WinSCP Version: 5.19.2
Windows version: 21H1
Protocol: SFTP
GUI or automation: GUI

I've attached a ZIP file with screenshots, the session log, and the full PowerShell output.
Description: PowerShell window's contents
Description: Session log (replaced the host name with "F" and a few sensitive bits with the word "redacted")
Description: Screenshots

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Unable to set local path for the Archive and Download command

Quick fix for a start:
https://winscp.net/tracker/2011

I'm sending you an email with a development version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

ZianAtFirstWatch

I can't find the "Archive and Download..." menu item in the development build (11632 2021-07-27 - Do NOT distribute).

I confirmed that the menu item is still visible when I use version 5.19.2 (build 11614).

Has its location changed?

Description: Screenshot

Command Vanished.png

ZianAtFirstWatch

Thanks for the suggestion. After doing that, I can start the command.

Then, PowerShell says:
Connecting...
Error: Exception calling "Open" with "1" argument(s): "The version of C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\winscp.exe (6.0.0.0) does not match version of this assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCPnet.dll (5.19.2.0)."

Press any key to exit...

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum